Re: permissions

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Helen Birkmann wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:

[snip]
> > Specify a specific user-id number for the entries in
> > /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts. Make sure there are no trailing white space
> > or comments.
>
> In other words, just list users such as
> www
> 84
> nobody
> 32766
> nogroup
> 32767

Not quite what I meant. A sample /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts file may list:

	127.0.0.1:5::

This will set all faxes sent on the localhost with a fax-userid of 5.
Check out the entry for hosts(4F) for more details.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>   | "Vini, vidi, velcro...
                                      |    I came, I saw, I stuck around"

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions