Re: Hylafax - fax user defined in passwd

Helen Birkmann wrote:

    > Ok. But this is unrelated to the above. Please show your entries
    > in HylaFAX's hosts(4F) file.

    localhost
    127.0.0.1

The entry "localhost" will allow any user from the local host
who is using the ``localhost'' interface (this 2nd part is also
verry important) access to the facsimile service of HylaFAX.

I've a line in HylaFAX's hosts(4F) file like this:

guru@localhost

Now compare the following two examples:
1.
kant:/home/guru $ faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on kant: Running
Modem ttyFN01 (+49.89.61308188): Running and idle
Modem ttyFN02 (+49.89.61308189): Running and idle

2.
kant:/home/guru $ FAXSERVER=kant export FAXSERVER
kant:/home/guru $ uname -n
kant
kant:/home/guru $ faxstat
Password:

In the 1st example the connection uses the ``localhost'' interface
and the line "guru@localhost" in hosts(4F) let me use the
service. In the 2nd example hfaxd(1M) searches for an entry
like "guru@kant" in the hosts(4F) file which isn't there
and it prompts for pw.
As you can see it's also important which interface on the local
host is used for the connection.

Could you please repeat your question? I don't know at the moment
what your problem is (I think the hfaxd(1M) start and port questions
are now resolved).

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions