Re: aborting faxes

Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella wrote:

    Hi,

    I'm trying to share my modem between hylafax and my pppd.

I'm doing exact the same (HylaFAX && pppd) at home and in
my company....

    I'm being able to do it using the "faxstate" command: I issue a
    "faxstate -s busy" before I call pppd, so that hylafax won't mess with
    my connection, and a "faxstate -s ready" after the pppd goes down, so
    that the waiting faxes will be sent.

... and they are working fine with the lock files in the
locking directory (/var/spool/lock, style ASCII); the
daemon faxgetty(1M) goes silently away if the modem is
used for outbound PPP traffic and send operations don't disturb
the PPP connections.

	matthias

    My problem is that I'm trying to make this thing automatic (putting
    this commands in my scripts), but I'm having problems when the pppd
    trys to "go up", and hylafax is using the modem.

    Even though my script does "faxstate -s ready", and sends
    initialization strings to my modem, hylafax insists on keeping using
    the modem, and then neither pppd nor hylafax are able to do
    anything... Seems like hylafax ignores the status of the modem if it
    is already trying to send something (i.e., while there are still faxes
    waiting to be sent in sendq).

    So I thought maybe I should have to issue some abort command to
    hylafax, but I could not figure out anything.

    Anyone has any idea?

    --
    Z  .:.   .:.   Luiz Otavio Lautenschlaeger Zorzella       .:.   .:.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions