Hylafax on BSDI 3.0, running stronghold 2. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 12:11:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Helen Birkmann <hbirkmann@mkl.com>
To: jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
Subject: Hylafax on BSDI 3.0, running stronghold 2.

I am trying to run hfaxd on this server to use in cgi forms that fax the
input rather than mailing it.  The cgi scripts in question are located on
the same server.

I believe I resolved a previous problem which was a port conflict between
the SNNP protocol port and the stronghold SSL by redirecting SSL to port
446 instead of 444.

I can now send faxes from the console using sendfax using the faxq with
the faxgetty daemon, but I would like to be able to have faxes processed
when any host on the Internet uses the cgi script.

I still get an error when starting up hfaxd via inetd.conf:  "getpeername
Socket operation on non-socket" and it also tells me that it can't find
local host 4559 if I try to run hfaxd.

So none of the form input gets faxed out.  The documentation is not clear
where to define that any host should be able to use the fax server in this
fashion.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Tx
Helen
*	MKL.Net		        	Internet Service Provider      *
*	A service of CPU Industries                                    *
*	Bainbridge, New York, USA      	PPP, dial-up, telnet, uucp,    *
*	http://www.mkl.com		virtual domains, web design    *
*	https://mall.mkl.com	Secured server - Merchant services     *