Re: Viewing received faxes via http browser

Hi Stefan,

I need to systematically send TIFF G3 files over the modem line, I don't
know much about image formats, what would be the smallest format that I
could use (they are faxes at low resolution) and what would be the best
compression program to use if any?

Would you happen to know where to find them? I would need to be able to go
back to TIFF G3 or to some format that hylafax can read,

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julio

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Stefan Wintermeyer wrote:

> Nico Garcia wrote:
> > Win95, I believe called acdsee). Also workable is translating the
> > tiffg3 into a set of multiple single page TIFF files for
> > viewing. Doing tiffg3->Postscript->JPEG is just sucking down CPU and
> > disk space and bandwidth in a *serious* kludge.
>
> Not a good idea. We are converting them to GIFs. This is much smaller
> because faxes do not have many colours.
> --
> Stefan Wintermeyer
> SWR Reisedienst GmbH