Re: RPM: document conversion script was not found

Sam Leffler writes:

 > faxsetup and faxaddmodem are designed to do many things to insure a
 > system is properly setup for operation.  While you may think that
 > faxsetup always does the same thing across your systems I believe that
 > you are wrong (consider above how faxsetup verifies that gs is built
 > and installed such that it supports HylaFAX's needs).  Further by not
 > simply invoking faxsetup to do it's thing you are missing out any future
 > improvements that might be made in this script.  Likewise for faxaddmodem.
 > The issue of faxsetup and/or faxaddmodem not working right for your system
 > is orthogonal to whether or not you should use it in your binary distribution.
 > Users will want (and need) to be able to run these scripts at times after
 > they've installed the software from the RPM so if they don't work then
 > need to do is fix 'em, not avoid them.

For the record, I already stated that I am advocating the rpm users to
run faxsetup and faxaddmodem. The installation notes that I am going
to put on te webpage will ask people to try hand configuring only if
faxaddmodem hangs or fails. I hope nobody would have serious
objections for that. I just don't think it is easy to write
faxaddmodem that will work reliably for everybody.  Some people will
have no choice but to do it by hand. The default configuration
files are meant for only those.

Ramana

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions