Re: Hylafax rpm issues

> Ramana Juvvadi wrote:
> >
> > I hope with this rpm release, hylafax is easier than before to setup.
> Thanks For the rpm we were looking at Hylafax as an e-mail to fax
> solution, but were afraid it would be support hog due to the large
> number of questions regarding installation and configuration.Your work
> should make life easier.

If you are looking for a robust, professional solution, HylaFAX is the
software, but it is only as good as the modem that you plug into it.

It will still be a support hog if you cheap out on the modems.   As it
stands now, there are probably only 3 modems worth considering, MultiTech
USR Courier ( ***NOT*** Sportster ), and maybe Zyxel's.  There maybe more,
but those are the 3 that come to mind as people having the least problems
with.

Anything else, and yes, you are looking at no end of headache's.

Good Luck.
--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions