Re: Installing new RPM...

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:44:36 +0200, Ask Bjrn Hansen
<ask@netcetera.dk> wrote:

>At 21:00 +0200 20/10/97, Ed Weinberg wrote:
>>I just installed the new RPM for hylafax-4.0-3.
>
>>I get the following message:
>>Font Courier-Bold: /usr/lib/hyla/afm/Courier-Bold: Can not open font
>>metrics file; using fixed widths.
>
>Get the .src.rpm version and change the .spec file to "--with-AFM=yes" and
>rebuild..
I have never changed an rpm src.  Do you mean a file called ".spec"?
Will the source come with instructions to rebuild, or is this
something I can find in the rpm man page?

What does this change do?

What is different with my RedHat instalation which requires this
change.
  --  Ed Weinberg,
      Detel, Inc., An Internet Presence Provider
      edw@detel.com
      www.detel.com/
      www.serverking.com
      www.q5.com/  <-- find someone to CoolTalk or chat with here