Re: postscript attachments show up at 5% size

At 11:04 29/10/1997 -0300, Ben Parker wrote:
>[snip]
>            Sending PS files is ironically the hardest battle. I have
>discovered a silly workaroud. If you attach the PS file twice you get a
>thumbnail on Page 1 and a full size version on Page 2.
>[snip]
>I guess the following from faxmail(1) might be the clue to sorting this
>out and starting each part of a multipart message on a new page. Can
>anyone PLEASE suggest what Postscript command would work here (would
>"showpage"  do it?)
>
>DigestDivider     string       -                    multipart/digest
divider POSTSCRIPT command

The other suspect is the faxmail prologue file, faxmail.ps. It says :-

      %       $Id: faxmail.c++,v 1.56 1996/07/02 19:49:58 sam Exp sam
      %
      % faxmail prologue.
      %
      /EPSbegin{save gsave 20 20 scale 200 dict begin}def
      /EPSend{end grestore restore}def

Note the '20 20 scale' in the macro named 'EPSbegin' which scales
the image 20 times in both the x and y axis.

I would hazard a guess that the two macroes are meant to be wrapped
around an EPS file when it is inserted into postscript. Whether that
means that any attachments should be so suffixed and prefixed; or
whether it is a mechanism for something else is an important question.

I had not found any occasion of either EPSbegin or EPSend being called
in any postscript generated by faxmail for email without attachments and
for email with an single attachment.  Your comment about a second
attachment being at the correct scale begs the question whether these
macroes have been generated in the postscript of the second copy?

If they have - fingers crossed - the problem then becomes to find out why
they weren't called for the first copy of the attachment.

As you can probably tell, I'm guessing. Apologies if it hinders rather
than helps.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.