Modem not answering when faxgetty running

I've just set up v4.0p11 on a SCO 5.0.0 system.  I have one modem
connected to use for outgoing(only) faxes and incoming/outgoing data
calls.

Outgoing faxes work fine, but I cannot dial in (data only).

It seems that while faxgetty is running, autoanswer on the modem is off
and  the call does not get answered.
If I use a normal getty,  the modem answers but faxes just queue
up and don't get sent.

Messages in the mail list archive refer to using `faxq -m modemdevice`,
but this doesn't seem to be supported in this release ?

Can anyone help ??  Is more info required ??

Michael Woodward
Unix Systems Engineer           Phone: 03 9291 7523
Solace Technologies Pty Ltd     Fax  : 03 9291 7507
Level 11, 636 St. Kilda Road    Email: michaelw@solace.com.au
Melbourne, Victoria, Aust. 3004

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions