How to force pulse dialing (ATDP)

Hi,
I have installed hylafax latest version on two Sun sparc 5 running solaris
2.5.1. I got 2 Us Robotics Sporters voice 33.6 Faxmodem and I´ve read the
HylaFax FAQ and trobleshooting many times. These machines are located in
two diferent locations, the only diference between them is that one uses
tone dialing while the other uses pulse dialing. My problem is that i don't
know how to tell hylafax to dial usin ATDP instead of ATDT. )
I've changed every single file containing the text ATDT (well, actually i
only found those files under etc and config ), but when i send a fax it
says NO CARRIER DETECTED and looking at the log file i see it stills dials
using ATDT.

I would appreciate very much any help

thanks in advance

Kostka Otaduy