Server/Session Logs: Who replies to whom

Hello again,

Yesterday I posted a message about my inability to recieve
faxes.  At that time, I was not sure if my modem was
correctly responding to Class 2, Phase B AT+FDT command.
>From further reading (including the HylaFAX source code) it
is no longer clear to me which device/software should be
generating this command.  The Class2 Send routines of
HylaFAX wait for the same "CONNECT" response as the other
documentation suggests after sending the AT+FDT command.

>From where should this response originate?  The sending
faxmodem?  The receiving faxmodem? The receiving fax
software/firmware?

If it is from the sending faxmodem as I now suspect, it
appears that
a) the sending faxmodem of my previous example is not
responding correctly or
b) there is, in fact, no proper connection being made.

Once again, I believe that (b) is more likely.  What could
cause such a thing?  That is, my faxmodem is answering and
even transmitting identity information (+FCI cards), but
when it comes time for the actual fax transmission,
something is wrong.  Could this be flow control???

--
Paul Wilson                wilson@maple.fzk.de
        http://maple.fzk.de/~wilson/