Re: SendMail Problem

> Oct 1 12:12:12 host sendmail [78]: PAA00353: SYSERR(root): mailer prog
> died with signal 13
> -----------
>
> In sendmail's documentation I don't find nothing related, and sendmail

You wouldn't expect to; the error is self explanatory as far as sendmail
is concerned, and it has told you all it knows.

At the very least, we need to know your operating system, but even better
would be to know what signal 13 is.  (On Linux, it is SIGPIPE, which means
that a write to a pipe failed because a downstream reader closed it
prematurely.  It is also SIGPIPE on SCO Unix, so it is probably fairly
standard.)

Generally sendmail will include error output from the failing program
in the bounce message, if delivery is deferred, or on the terminal
if delivery is immediate.  That is probably where the real diagnostic
will be.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions