Re: sendpage+hfaxd, SNPP DATA broken? (4.0pl1 Sol2.5binary)

Thomas A. Szybist wrote:

> In message <3469C29E.461572DB@memphis.edu>, Mike Frohme writes:
> > Thomas A. Szybist wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you get my reply to this?  Just in case you didn't, you can pick up hfaxd
> > > from my 2.6 binary from ftp://24.3.148.6.   The complete binary
> > > is there as well.  You should be able to just replace hfaxd. (Be
> > > certain to make it executable.)
> > >
> > > This machine may be unavailable overnight.  But it should be up
> > > tomorrow morning. (Wednesday, 11/12 ).
> > >
> >       Thanks.  I was out yesterday afternoon, and will be this one as well.
> >       I picked up both the exec and the dist.
> >
> > > Let me know how you make out.
> > >
> > > Tom Szybist
> > > szybist@boxhill.com
> >
> >       I seem to have buggered something up.  I stopped the server, etc...
> >       moved the binary, dropped in the the new one, made sure the file
> >       ownerships/permissions/setuid were correct, and so forth.
> >
> >       It accepts things AOK - the DATA problem seems fixed, but it
> >       won't get 'round to talking to the modem.  Seems the queueing
> >       system has a problem.  On sendpage, etc... I often (not always)
> >       get console errors of the form:
> >
> > Nov 12 08:34:54 palantir FaxQueuer[25191]: HylaClient::send: client/24919: Cannot open
> > FIFO: No such device or address
> >
> >       As far as I can tell, its there.  When I run one of the programs
> >       under truss control, I get:
> >
> > open("FIFO", O_WRONLY|O_NDELAY)                 Err#6 ENXIO
> >
> >       then the no such device or address error.  Naturally, I never
> >       get beyond "waiting for modem to come ready" status.
> >
> >       Funny thing is, when I go back to the original version of hfaxd,
> >       I still get the same errors.  Hmmm...  ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Mike Frohme                                     frohme@memphis.edu
> > Information Systems - The University of Memphis       901/678-8820
>
> Here is what my FIFO file looks like:
>
> orff rszybist(7)> ls -l FIFO
> prw-------   1 uucp     uucp           0 Nov 12 11:37 FIFO|
>
> It should be in /var/spool/fax
>
> What does faxstat say?
>
> You might want to stop faxq, remove the FIFO file,
> and restart.   faxq should create the FIFO if
> it doesn't exist.

	I did a variety of things.  My FIFO looked just like yours.  I'd
	stopped and restarted things to no avail.  Re-added the modem via
	faxaddmodem, and so forth - still no luck.

	Turns out that its fixable by re-running faxsetup. This also gets
	the new binary to work correctly. Just drop in the binary and
	run faxsetup - it works fine. I guess I was too out-of-it this
	AM to think of that.

	Looks like the DATA problem is resolved, as you might expect.
	Thanks for the help, the new version, and for your suggestions.

--
Mike Frohme                                     frohme@memphis.edu
Information Systems - The University of Memphis       901/678-8820

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions