sendpage and apache on Linux

I am working on a simple sendpage/web gateway.  From the command line, a
simple C program such as:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
void main() {

   execl("/usr/local/bin/sendpage","sendpage.web", "-q",
"-ptony","hello...testing",NULL);
}

Works....the page is sent.

However, if I put the execl line into a C program and run as a cgi on a web
server, it bombs with a server error.

I can only assume that perhaps the output of sendpage (lots of texts) is
the problem since the return value exec* is expecting is an int.  I don't
believe that I am the first to invent this wheel -- is there a way around
this?  I have tried to redirect the output and error channels to /dev/null
with no luck.

Thanks for any help,
Tony Schliesser

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions