Re: whfc problems

> > Hi.  I'm using whfc to talk with hylafax-4.0pl1.  I understand from one of
> > the faq questions for hylafax that there is a problem with some versions
> > of gs and pixel widths.
> >
> > It says to get a more recent version of ghostscript, so I did.  I'm still
> > having the problem, and wondered if you had any ideas of things I could
> > try to fix this..  The following is the relevant files I'm using:

> have you set the postscript options to maximum portability ?
> If so, check out the logs of hylafax (maybe increasing the debug
> level). You should get here more informations whats going wrong.

Well, I really don't know whats wrong here now.  I've downloaded and
compiled 4.03 ghostscript, and it reports the same problems:

Sep 22 03:02:55 apps FaxSend[22790]: MODEM input buffering disabled
Sep 22 03:02:55 apps FaxSend[22790]: SEND FAX: JOB 14 DEST 3277338 COMMID
00000007
Sep 22 03:03:13 apps FaxSend[22790]: Client does not support document page
width, max remote page width 1728 pixels, image width 1734 pixels

This is with logging set to 20.  Also, I was unable to find any reference
on NT regarding 'maximum portability'.  I don't think these NT drivers
have that capability, as I did see it on the Win95 drivers..

Also, I'm going to have NT 3.51 machines connected to this fax server
also.  I understand your fax program doesn't work with NT 3.51.  Is it
possible to use the TCP/IP printing services under NT to simply print to a
fax queue on the hylafax server box?  If so, how can I do this?  What
should my input or output filter be?

That's all assuming I get this pixel thing worked out.  I don't understand
why I'm having so many problems.

Thanks,
Dave Wreski

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions