Re: Hylafax future

Robert Colquhoun wrote:

> 2) A good windows client - i like hfaxd but i was thinking a proper network
> printer driver, to write the code you also need to be subscribed to MSDN
> for the Microsoft DDK, i will ask my boss( this  costs A$1000 p.a.)

Hi,

has windows no other solution like writing a printer driver (and
spending
1000$ to microsoft) ? i am searching a longer time for a better fax
printing solution for whfc (and posted some questions about it in some
windows newsgroups) without any success :-( .

> 3)A port to NT - Recently cygnus have released some librarys to make NT
> machine look like a unix machine, i imagine this would greatly speed up a
> port of the code

It's really horrible to convert unix code to windows. So i won't do
that. If someone want's to use Windows as a fax server he could buy
a commercial fax programm. If he want to use a free fax server he
can use linux or free bsd (which has also a better stability).

Brgs
Uli

PS : Are these cygnus libs under gpl ?
--