Re: Hylafax future

For me the big things that could be done:
1) Get call batching going - i had a look at doing this but the source code
gave me a headache and i gave up

2) A good windows client - i like hfaxd but i was thinking a proper network
printer driver, to write the code you also need to be subscribed to MSDN
for the Microsoft DDK, i will ask my boss( this  costs A$1000 p.a.)

3)A port to NT - Recently cygnus have released some librarys to make NT
machine look like a unix machine, i imagine this would greatly speed up a
port of the code

PS i imagine No 2) and 3) would greatly increase the number of people using
hylafax

PPS i imagine No 3) is going to cause a few flames

- Robert

At 06:42 12/09/97 CDT, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>Since (last I recall), Sam was off the main stream for HylaFax, what is
>HylaFax's future???  Ie, what is cooking in the way of additional patches
>and releases?  Who is working on such?  Even the contrib directory is
>stagnant.
>
>Reason I ask is that I love HylaFax and what is allows poor-men to do.  And
>we have found lots of uses for it.  I follow the mailing list pretty closely
>and it is active BUT I just haven't seen much mentioned about the future
>and direction of the software itself.
>
>Thanks for listening.
>
>Mark

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions