Re: Problem with binary on Linux 2.0.30

At 09:31 12/09/1997 --100, Alessandro Coppelli wrote:
>Hi to all.
>[snip-snip]
>
>2) When I used client WHFC I obtained alway : Login failure , but on the
>   server (in my account ) with faxstat -v :
>   Trying localhost at port 4559 ...
>   Connect to localhost
>   -> USER <my_account>
>   230 User <my_account> logged in
>   ecc. ecc. ecc.
>
>   My etc/host is :
>
>   127.0.0.1
>   localhost
>   ^my_account@on_server$

You do mean the file /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts ?  The command 'man 5 hosts'
will tell all about this file - and if you understand a word of it you're
a better person than me.

After a lot of trial and error, I found simply adding the username on a
seperate line, and the fully qualified domain name on another line gave
access : for example, my user name is philw, the fax server is called
derrick and the domain is elgro.co.uk  - so the entries are :

	philw
	philw@derrick.elgro.co.uk

Perhaps a regular expressions guru will provide the technically correct
way of doing this - but in the meantime, I hope it helps.

Ciao,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions