Re: Job time limit exceeded

> Hi
>
> I'm running Hylafax v4.0pl1 on a linux machine (Slackware 2.0.0).
> I only use outbound faxes, and it's work (most of the time) great.
> My problem is that suddenly I began to get the status
> "Job time limit exceeded" for some faxes, and the fax not sent (not

I'm pretty sure that this is in the documentation, as I remember seeing
it before without having looked at the code.  However I can't find it
in the obvious man pages (but see below).  But, in any case, it is rather
easy to find with a grep of the source code:

/*
 * Run the interpreter with the configured timeout and
 * collect the output from the interpreter in case there
 * is an error -- this is sent back to the user that
 * submitted the job.
 */
fxBool
faxQueueApp::runConverter1(Job& job, int fd, fxStr& output)
{
    int n;
    Timeout timer;
    timer.startTimeout(postscriptTimeout*1000);
    char buf[1024];
    while ((n = Sys::read(fd, buf, sizeof (buf))) > 0 && !timer.wasTimeout()) {
        cleanse(buf, n);
        output.append(buf, n);
    }
    timer.stopTimeout();
    if (timer.wasTimeout()) {
        jobError(job, "CONVERT DOCUMENT: job time limit exceeded");
        output.append("\n[Job time limit exceeded]\n");
        return (FALSE);
    } else
        return (TRUE);
}
{ "uucplocktimeout",    &faxQueueApp::uucpLockTimeout,  0 },
{ "postscripttimeout",  &faxQueueApp::postscriptTimeout, 3*60 },
{ "maxconcurrentjobs",  &faxQueueApp::maxConcurrentJobs, 1 },

which is what you will presumably have to modify in the config file, unless
your postscript program really is looping!

Actually, it is in the man pages, it just isn't in the detailed descriptions,
only the summary:

bash$ cd ../man
bash$ grep -i postscripttimeout *
config.4f:PostScriptTimeout\(dg integer \s-1300\s+1     timeout on \*(Ps interpreter runs (secs)
bash$

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions