Re: USR Firmware

>    I have heard a lot of complaints about USR Sporter modems (28.8 and 33.6).
> It seems that the Firmware for Class 2.0 it not totally complaint. So, many
> users are obligated to user Class 1.0.
>
>    However, this does not seem to be true for USR Courier V.Everything/V.34,
> which apparently supports Class 2.0 better.
>
>    Does anyone have an opinion about this?
>
>    I was thinking of contacting USR and question them about the fact that their
> Firmware should be upgraded. To do this, however, I need as much specific
> information as possible.

No, it should be "degraded". Anything newer this will not work:

Product type           US/Canada External
Options                V32bis,V.FC,V.34
Fax Options            Class 1/Class 2.0
Clock Freq             20.16Mhz
Eprom                  256k
Ram                    32k

Supervisor date        04/18/95
DSP date               03/31/95

Supervisor rev         6.0.5
DSP rev                1.0.9

I have tested a whole bunch of USR modems. I use this one
all the time, but any newer models are not even close to
this one. I guess they messed up something when they went
for speed 33600. This one goes up to 28800.
And people at USR are not very helpful, unfortunately.

Zdravko

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions