Bug in faxqclean

I have determined that there is a bug in the faxqclean program.

One of the techniques it uses to determine if a file in the docq directory
should be removed, is if it cannot find and associated file in the sendq
directory.

For the standard PS files in the in the docq, hylafax put a suffix number
which represents the "q file" number in the sendq directory.  The faxqclean
program looks at that suffix number, and if it cannot fine a "q file" with
that name in the sendq directory, it removes the file.

For example, a file in the docq directory might have the name
"doc30171.ps.30036".  This would cause the faxqclean program to look for a
file in the sendq directory called "q30036".  This mechanism is fine to this point.

The problem comes in after the PS file has been converted to a TIFF.  The
TIFF version of the document has a ";31" or ";71" or some such appended to
it, NOT the "q file" number.  The faxqclean program looks at these files,
thinks the "q file" number is 0, and removes the file since the "q file"
does not exist.

The sender of the fax then gets notified that their fax failed because
hylafax could not open the file.

I am working on a fix, but I do not have it done yet.  If someone else has
already fixed this, please let me know.

John
--

+--+  ==  |  John Patrick Poet          Blue Sky Tours
|  |      |  System Admin/programmer    10832 Prospect Ave., N.E.
|     +---+  john@BlueSkyTours.COM      Albuquerque, N.M. 87112
|     |      Ph. 505 293 9462           Fx. 505 293 6902

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions