Fax jobs entering suspended state

	We are setting up hylafax to send out bulk faxouts to all the
	shops & distributers we deal with, and are encountering a few
	small problems.

   Requeing/priority/suspended state:

	The default 'raise priority for retry' is very bad for us -
	if we are sending out several batches of (potentially) over
	600 destinations we need to get as many faxes through as quickly
	as possible, before the modems are tied down in retrys.

	We have modified notify to automatically run "faxalter -P 240 $jobid &"
	for any bulk jobs that are requeued, but habe noticed some jobs
	ending up in a suspended state ('T') in faxstat.

	Is there some way of getting hylafax to _reduce_ the priority
	for requeing on certain jobs, or alternatively does anyone
	have any idea of why the jobs are ending up in a suspended state?

    IRIX 5.3 vs IRIX 6.2 - hardware flow control:

	We are hacing real problems getting hardware flowcontrol to work.
	It appeared to work ok on an IRIX 6.2 machine, but we have to
	run the modem rack on a machine which is running 5.3 - does anyone
	know if upgrading to 6.2 will improve matters re hw flow control?
	(The exhibited behaviour was the end of faxes getting corrupted).

	We have also had the occasional modem lock up totally, and some
	initialisation problems with faxgetty, but we're talking to
	Central Data regarding those at the moment :)

	Setup:  Hylafax v4.0pl1, IRIX 5.3 binaries from ftp site, but
	        using Aladdin Ghostscript 4.01.

	Modems: Multitech (pcmcia), in Central data scsi<->pcmcia modem
	        rack.

	Thanks again to Sam for produceing such a good package, and thanks
	in advance to anyone on the list who can help!

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions