Re: Please help, I beg you (textfmt question)

At 04:15 PM 17/01/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I have installed ghostscript, and I am using hylafax 4.0; but sendfax
>bombs with the following message:
>

>/usr/local/sbin/textfmt: No font metric information found for "Courier-Bold".
>Usage: /usr/local/sbin/textfmt [-1] [-2] [-B] [-c] [-D] [-f fontname] [-m
N] [-o #] [-p #] [-r] [-U] [-Ml=#,r=#,t=#,b=#] [-V #] files... >out.ps
>Default options: -f Courier -1 -p 11bp -o 0
>Error converting data; command was "/usr/local/sbin/textfmt -B -f
Courier-Bold -p 11 -s default >/tmp//faxsnda20702 </etc/smb.conf.orig"

You are sending a text job, and through the typerules file textfmt has been
called. It cannot find your AFM files. Are they in the right place? Use find
to check if you have a file called Courier-Bold.* on your system, then check
the paths in the HylaFAX build to ensure that textfmt can find them.

This works OK for me even on an ULTRIX system, although I modified my FONT
path to point to the display postscript fonts supplied with ULTRIX.

>I tried this on a Red Hat system, and on a Slackware system.  I started
>to trace it through gdb but it was non-obvious how to correct this.  Could
>someone please point me in the right direction here?  This is a very
>frustrating problem.
>
>Thanks!
>Mark

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080, WWW: http://www.ns.aus.com
NS is an OS-neutral, equal-HTTP-server opportunity employer!

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions