facsimile job not completed before appointed deadline

I have a send-only HylaFAX installation on a SGI Indy using a SupraFax
288 modem. This is primarily used for sending various
notifications/confirmations to customers at the end of the day.

The installation/configuration went smoothly, and I have not had any
problems with local, long distance, and international calls. I typically
will send 50 - 70 jobs to the fax queue at once via some batch jobs, and
the server seems to handle these with no problem. However, on a couple
of occasions, I have had to send 400 - 500 jobs at once.

When this happens, the server processes the first 20-30 jobs with no
problem, but then begins marking most of the later jobs as "blocked by
concurrent jobs". Eventually, all of these jobs time out with a log file
such as:

Your facsimile job to (www)xxx-yyyy could not be completed before the
appointed deadline.