Re: Problems with Postscript Documents

Hi,

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I do have a question... ;)

I've tried compiling the hylafax source on linux 2.0.25 without success...
:(

I even had to temporarily modify /usr/include/limits.h so the compile
wouldn't bomb, and then I still have problems compiling some of the c++
code (for example, RegEx.c++ won't compile, complaining about
REG_STARTEND, even though REG_STARTEND is properly defined in regex.h). I
gave up trying to figure out what the compile probs were, and still can't
use hylafax because the binary distribution is giving me a weird error
(about gs "wrapper" being suid) that no one responded to me about... :(

Makes hylafax newbies feel pretty bad, not getting answers to posted
questions...

 Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA
Ricardo

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Carsten Hoeger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have successfully compiled the HylaFax-Server v4.0pl1 on a Linux-System.
> I use ghostscript v4.03
> When I try to send a postscript-document, compiled with latex, converted
> with dvips v5.58f, the server tells me:
>
> Modem does not support document page width, max page width 1728 pixels,
> image width 1686 pixels
>
> The document doesn`t contain the setpagedevice option !!!
>
> I have examinated the converted tiff-image with an Image-Viewer. This one
> told me, that it is 1686 pixels wide.
>
> So, what's going on?
>
> mfG,
> 	Carsten Hoeger
> ------
> Carsten Hoeger  - S.u.S.E. GmbH -  Gebhardtstr. 2  -  90762 Fuerth  -  Germany
> fon +49-911-740530     -    fax +49-911-3206727    -    mailbox +49-911-3247122

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions