Re: Automatic distribution of Received fax with a shared modem

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Lars-Ake Larzon wrote:

[snip]
> this code decide who the fax was for by letting the modem read the 4 digits
> before going into "fax mode".
>
> What I now wonder is: is this technically possible at all?

It is `possible' but I suspect you'd have to reprogram your modem so
that it will do this. In other words: not with off-the-shelf modems.

>Or does it
> already > exist any distribution system that can take an incoming facsimile
>from an > sender and redistribute it to the correct receiver? =

There's some work being done in that area. Check out the TODO file
with the sources, in particular:

   H  Use T.30 subaddress routing for received facsimile (needs database)

You may like to browse the sources and/or contact Sam about doing some
work in this are if you'd like.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions