Re: group 3 format TIFF

fikri@werty.wasantara.net.id wrote:

    If I check the tiff file I got the message below :

    FaxServer:/usr/local/sbin# tiffcheck /home/fikri/poster1.tif
    REFORMAT+RESIZE+REIMAGE
    Document is not a bilevel image (bits/sample 8).
    Document requires reformatting, not in Group 3 format.
    Document requires resizing to adjust page width (convert to 1728, document is 27
    4).

    what can I do to make the file TIFF in "Group 3 format"  ?

I'm sure that there are better ways (any TIFF guru listening?)
but one way is using tiff2ps(1) to convert it to PostScript and
ps2fax(1M) of HylaFAX to convert it to TIFF/F or just send the
resulting PostScript file with sendfax(1).

	matthias
--
firm: matthias.apitz@softcon.de [voc:+49-89-61308-351, fax: +49-89-61308-188]
priv: guru@thias.muc.de

"We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
 We're Microsoft." (found in Usenet)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions