Re: OCR

Scott J. Kramer wrote:

    On Thu,  2 Jan 1997 14:56 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:

        Can anyone recommend an OCR utility to use in conjunction with hylafax.
        I travel with a pocket VT100 Terminal Emulator and would like to read
        incoming faxes arriving at my server.  I figure this is the only way to
        do this.

    Are you trying to convert faxes to ASCII format?  There are utilities
    for converting TIFF fax format to PostScript (`fax2ps' or `tiff2ps')
    and PostScript to ASCII (`ps2ascii'), but I suspect the results would
    be rather lame, especially when a fax contains graphics.

I can't imagine that ps2ascii gives you any usefull strings if the
PostScript was made from a TIFF file.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions