Re: OCR

On Thu,  2 Jan 1997 14:56 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:

    Can anyone recommend an OCR utility to use in conjunction with hylafax.
    I travel with a pocket VT100 Terminal Emulator and would like to read
    incoming faxes arriving at my server.  I figure this is the only way to
    do this.

Are you trying to convert faxes to ASCII format?  There are utilities
for converting TIFF fax format to PostScript (`fax2ps' or `tiff2ps')
and PostScript to ASCII (`ps2ascii'), but I suspect the results would
be rather lame, especially when a fax contains graphics.

-sjk

--
Scott J. Kramer				Graham Technology Solutions
UNIX Systems Administrator		20823 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 440

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions